Quilt Project

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shower Decor/Baby Goodies


Cupcake and Lollipop Washcloth Bundles
from babcakeandlollipop.etsy.com

My baby shower was in March so my only excuse for the delay in posting anything handmade from this event is I was under the impression I would be having a baby by now and I had to finish getting ready. Well, here we are past my due date with a still pregnant belly. We finished everything we really needed to do by week 38 and have since hung out waiting for the big moment. Since I am still a momma-in-waiting I decided to pass some of the time updating the blog.

My mum threw me the most incredible shower at the Brick Oven on 35th full of delicious food (including a gluten free table for me and the other attending Celiac), wonderful family and friends, and a lot of baby gifts. I love a good party for anyone else but me. In order to get through the event I decided it wasn't really a party for me but for the baby that would soon bless our life. As far as I am concerned this little guy deserves a party (and I can still say this even though he is about a week late).

Pictured above and below are some of the items that decorated the tables at the shower. I like them because they are handmade and totally useful. The adorable cupcake and lollipop (above) from Babycake and Lollipop deconstruct into a set of baby wash clothes and a feeding spoon.  The corsage (below) is also a simple pair of baby socks. 
Baby Sock Corsage from babycakeandlollipop.etsy.com
From now on I think I am only going to use multitasking decor at any event I host. It's purposeful and considerably less wasteful. As a craftster I constantly contemplate the waste I produce when sewing, designing, and dyeing. It seems unavoidable in a many creative circumstances, so when I can't do it myself I am happy to support those who do. In this case it was my mum who located this Etsy seller, and I am thankful for that!
Thelibrarygirl and The Architect at Brick Oven on 35th
(check out the huge baby belly!)
Mum also got a funny tie for The Architect to wear in case our family and friends forgot her fathered this child. I currently cannot find the name of the Etsy seller who made this, but will update the post once I do. I'm wondering how to archive this in the baby book...

No comments:

Post a Comment