Quilt Project

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I promise! I promise! I have been working!!!

Red/White/Black WIP

It may not look like much, but it is something. Reorganizing my stash the other weekend I was reminded I had these great red, white, and black fabrics. As soon as I got a little free time I quickly cut out some rectangles and am currently piecing this all together. All 144 pieces have been chained together. When I get a little more time I will finishing sewing together all of the rows. This soon-to-be quilt doesn't have a home, but I certainly know several families with babies on the way.

I'm also currently finishing cutting out a quilt for my cousin, Shelly, who is having her first baby at the beginning of September. I will post photos soon. Great colors- grey, yellow, and white.

Quilts Beyond Borders has also been keeping me busy. A lot of quilts and tops are being delivered at my house, and we have several kits we need to get out to longarm quilters to meet the demands for quilts going overseas. We are also about to begin remodeling our kitchen, which has required extensive prep work.

And, lastly, because I don't have enough going on in this life- I am currently co-founding the Pittsburgh chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild.

No comments:

Post a Comment